Sunday, May 27, 2012

May

We celebrated our 6th anniversary by having dinner at "The Roof" restaurant on temple square.  Chase got a BOGO coupon for his birthday, so we thought we would try it out.  We were not very impressed with the food, to say the least.  There didn't seem to be a huge selection of food and there wasn't a whole lot that appealed to us.  The dessert bar was fantastic though and we couldn't get enough of that! It was fun to dress up and go to a fancy restaurant, since we don't get to do that very often.



The bill before the BOGO coupon. Ouch!

On Sunday, May 13th, we celebrated Chase's 28th birthday and Mother's Day.  We went to Shauna's house (even though she was out of the country!) and had dinner and cupcakes. On Monday, I brought Chase home some El Pollo Loco for dinner and a present of candy for dessert.



Meg had to be there to watch Chase open his gift!




 On May 19th, we spent the morning beautifying our neighborhood by spreading bark in our and our neighbors' yards.  It was a lot of hard work but the weather was beautiful and the neighborhood looks great.  Then we drove up to Logan with Chase's mom and her cousin.  We started by visiting the Pepperidge Farm outlet store at their factory and then got some ice cream at the Fat Boy ice cream shop.  Then we went to spend a couple hours at the Logan temple before going to Chase's cousin Brandy's wedding reception.  We had a great little day trip and it was a fun first visit to Logan.


The next day in the evening was a solar eclipse.  The last solar eclipse that was seen from this part of the world was in 1994, so it was pretty remarkable.  We watched it in our driveway with our next door neighbors Nicole and Stoker.  They had borrowed a welders helmet and we were able to see it perfectly through that.  It was so cool to be able to look at it.






The biggest changes in the pregnancy this month is that we have felt the baby kick! Last Friday, the 18th, we were laying in bed watching TV and I started to feel some thumps in my belly.  Through their consistency, I finally figured out that it was probably the baby I was feeling.  Chase was even able to feel the thumps every once in a while.  It is a really cool feeling and now she kicks me any time I'm sitting still.  If we watch my belly, we can see it jump every once in a while like a Mexican Jumping Bean!  The other thing I'm starting to notice is that I'm starting to get the leg cramps that are oh so much fun! We are signing up for a Bradley Method birthing class that is starting next month.  I was having a hard time trying to figure out if we wanted to take a class since I feel like we know so much from talking with Chase's sisters, but we decided to do it for the experience and to learn a few more things.  I think it will help me feel more prepared and ease my anxiety about labor.

May 5 - 21 weeks 5 days

May 25 - 24 weeks 4 days





No comments:

Post a Comment