Saturday, February 1, 2014

Announcing baby #2

We found out in September that we are expecting baby #2! At 19 weeks, we had an ultrasound and found out this one is a boy! We are very excited for our growing family.  This pregnancy has been very different than my first one.  I wasn't very sick at all for the first trimester - just little bouts of nausea that wouldn't last long.  Just this past month though, I've been getting sick and have been quite nauseous.  I don't really have an explanation for it, maybe my midwife will when I see her next week! I'm 28 weeks along now and it is getting more difficult to sleep, exercise, clean, and mostly just walk up the stairs! 12 more weeks - it has gone by so fast!  Just like last pregnancy, the number one thing I crave is donuts! Yummy yummy!  I'm planning on working all the way up to my due date again and am going to return to work after he is born.  I still need to figure out who is going to watch him when I go back to work, but hopefully I can get that nailed out while on maternity leave.

I decided to choose a midwife that was highly recommended for this pregnancy and delivery.  The birthing center was fine last time (although I didn't actually deliver there), but I just felt I needed someone that would take charge and help me make decisions during delivery.  I also like the fact that I am seeing just one caregiver throughout my entire pregnancy and she will be the one to deliver the baby too.  At the birthing center, patients see all the different midwives and whoever is on call at the time is the one who will be there to deliver the baby.  My midwife, Julie Jones, also delivers at Riverton Hospital, so just in case there are complications, the facility is ready to help.  I really love her and think she is so sweet and very knowledgeable! She has such a positive attitude and really thinks this delivery will go much better than the first.

28 weeks (Sadly, this is my first "belly" pic of this pregnancy)
And just for fun, I'll add a few more pictures from the month of November!


Hello?

Feeding herself some yogurt

Comforting Dad while he gets his teeth cleaned

Making a chair fort at dinner



New Christmas jammies from Gma Straw after Thanksgiving dinner

This is how she insisted we spend our afternoon of Black Friday shopping - quite inconvenient with how crowded it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment