Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baby Shower and Pregnancy Updates

My sweet friends Amber Hill, Nicole Lesueur, and Tami Richins threw me a baby shower this past Saturday.  It was mostly my friends from the ward and a few family members.  I loved it! I had a great time and the crepe bar was INCREDIBLE!! Thanks to everyone who helped out and who came to support us and our new baby!









Juliet, Stacey, Jennae


Lindsey

Cherelle, Monica, Marni

Such cute decorations!

Tami, Amber, Nicole

She thought everyone was there to see her!

Adrienne, Kristi, Ashley, Brittany, Serena, Jaymie, Tami




Alesa, Kristi, Juilet, Haylee


Andrea, Carley, Kristi, Katie

Tara


A week ago (36 weeks gestation) at my prenatal appointment, my midwife checked to see how I was progressing.  She said I was 1cm dilated and 40-50% effaced.  This was huge news for me because when I was checked for the first time at 41 weeks with Juliet, I was almost 1cm and about 10% effaced.  So that excited me to think that perhaps I won't go all the way to 42 weeks this time! Today when I went to my appointment (37 weeks), she checked me again and said 1+cm (almost 2) dilated and 70% effaced.  Progress!! I love it! Not sure if I'll make it all the way to 40 weeks, but we'll see.  I feel like he has dropped a bit just these past few days because he is constantly pushing on my bladder and my hips are killing me, which I assume means my pelvis is spreading more to make room for him.  I feel great otherwise.  My biggest complaint really is that he pushes so hard on my bladder.  I haven't gotten any jabs to the ribs or any issues there, which I know a lot of my friends have, so I am grateful, but it is hard when your bladder is pushed on so forcefully and so often! I seem to have enough energy for life about every other day.  It is hard because I want to clean and organize so bad, but about half the time, I just have to sit around and play with Juliet.  Honestly, I don't mind it that much because she needs the attention too, so it's probably a good thing.  Here's a few belly pictures. :)

29 weeks - Feb 7th

33 weeks - March 9th

37 weeks - April 2nd

1 comment: